At the March 6 quarterly members meeting this attractive Contigo mug was displayed for the first time and made available.
It is intended to help stimulate conversations about our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. It is not a fundraiser. For more information about the “mug” itself (lifetime warranty, features & tech. specs. etc.), visit the Contigo Website and click on the black color option. You can see from there that with laser engraving and shipping included these are a great deal at $28!
The Bible tells us to “…take every thought captive to obey Christ” 2 Corinthians 10. If one mug started a conversation that led just one person to the saving knowledge of Christ, would it be worth it? Please continue to read more below the photograph.
As you know, we have the white mugs available with OSEFC printed on them for purchase if you want them. They can be used as an easy way to start conversations about our Lord. But the current open-topped, white OSEFC mugs are probably not a very good choice for a beverage in your car.
The Bible tells us to:
Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you… Deut. 31:6
How much do we as a congregation spend on other methods to do the same, SS classes, missions, visitor materials, visits to parks, programs, etc.? But we know that most people come to church based on a one on one conversation with a friend.
Today, workplaces encourage green living that is easy on the environment, and often promote use of containers similar to the one pictured above, a high quality, thermally lined, sealed top, stainless steel container. This conversation starter is NOT intended to sit at home, but travel with you, perhaps at work, with you in your car, so that others may question you about your faith.
Some of the reasons these Contigo’s might be good idea for you:
- They are thermal, and under the right conditions, can be kept in the car. Start a conversation as you drive your buddies to lunch!
- Contigo’s don’t spill like an open mug, guaranteed.
- Their top is dishwasher safe and guaranteed for life.
- Companies like that the larger containers hold more liquid and reduce the time an employee is in the coffee area.
- The logo is not so bold that it would attract a lot of negative attention in the workplace.
- They can keep drinks warm up to 5 hours and cold up to 13 hours.
- They are laser etched, so the image will last a long time.
- They are just plain cool… and sanctuary approved!
- They make great gifts.
- Less expensive options may become available with a color logo. Perhaps in your company colors to help them blend in?
CAUTION: It does keep things HOT and it sure will do a good job in the summer months keeping things cold too.
Our current white, open-topped mugs don’t work in a car and may stand out when left out on a desk. This Contigo container is a bit more subdued; it allows us to be: “shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves” Matt 10:16
If you are interested, Bryan Hickman (847-370-5571 and firstname.lastname@example.org) has offered to manage any orders for these containers ($28) if anyone is interested. Checks made out to the church and given to him or cash is accepted.
All orders are to be paid in advance of the order. It takes a little over two weeks to get the order once the order is placed.
To be clear these Contigo containers are to be used:
- As an evangelism tool; they are NOT a church expense or fundraiser.
- No one will be making ANY money on this.
- Any overage ($1 or over) will be returned to the purchaser if so desired.
- It is purely to be used as an evangelism tool, not sold as a promotional item.
- Should Contigo discontinue the pictured configuration before your order is fulfilled, you will be contacted regarding availability of another configuration or given a refund.
These are of the highest quality containers that can be found today. We believe people will be quite happy with them.